Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bassooning at BYU

Here it is Dad... A blog about my life as a bassoonist at the Y

BYU is less exciting than London but still an adventure in itself since there are probably students from 20 plus different countries and all 50 states. With two days of classes down I am starting to realize that college actually consists of classes and studying and LOADS of practicing (which is turning out to be harder than it seems since it requires a special skill which few posses to find an open practice room.) As far as the bassoon studio goes- there appears to be a male defect. There are about ten girls and one boy. We auditioned yesterday for ensembles and I made co-principal for the Wind Symphony which is their premier band! Pretty exciting eh! I introduced some of my roomates/floormates to spoon me which they got a giggle out of which was an awesome end to a crazy couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. I like the blog!

    We need more pictures.

    Congratulations on the principal spot!

    ReplyDelete